Sunday, April 27, 2014

It's a circular wind, but a wind no less.

It's that time again, when I and everyone else is asking where the wind will blow this traveler next. I currently have three weeks left in my contract here in northern Virginia. I looked at Boston, Vermont, New Hampshire, Cape Cod, Delaware, South Carolina, and the possibility of extending here in Virginia. I love the area that I am in here in Arlington, VA. I love all the bike paths, the close vicinity to Washington D.C., the diversity of culture, and the welcoming nature of the people here. So.............I extended here in Virginia and the mighty wind will merely be blowing me to another apartment here in the complex, away from the pool, so that when I am sleeping during the day from working night shift, the summer sun worshippers will not wake me.

I am working with a great group of nurses, doctors, and nurse practitioners. The diversity is something that I have always spoke of here. I am simply amazed how many people we get here that speak zero English. That has to be terrifying. With diversity though, you learn a lot about yourself and that as humans we are all similar but different.

I have plans to make it down to Monticello, Williamsburg, and up to the Catoctin mountains while I am here over the summer. Those are all lofty, though I am also going to Ireland in July for a bicycle trip. Looks to be a very good summer here in northern Virginia. I hope it is one of laughter, love, and exciting adventures. I hope that for you as well. I promise to be better about getting out and enjoying new adventures to tell you about. I have been on night shift almost this entire three month assignment, so I have been a bit lazy and playing a bit much, which has been fun, though not exciting for you.

Enjoy the new found Spring everyone. Winter is over! Get out, be active. Enjoy the sunshine, but don't forget your sunscreen. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment