Saturday, June 15, 2013

A busy week of rehab, job searching, and good friends!

Well, the beginning of this week, I spent laid up on my couch watching time pass on the clock. I am lucky that nothing major was broken or further misconstrued from my bike accident. My left knee and right wrist really took the brunt of the damage. It took until about Thursday before I could really do the heel to toe action of walking, comfortably. My wrist is much improved but still sore with certain angles of motion. So after a day of nothing, I decided to start studying for a certification that I have been meaning to obtain for about 7 years now. Yes, I started studying for my CCRN. I only said that I started. Don't get too crazy with excitement yet. I also started speaking with my recruiter regarding possibilities of employment in Asheville, NC, Columbia, SC, and Chaleston, SC. My recruiter nonchalantly threw out a job in Baltimore. I really didn't have Baltimore on my radar. He mentioned that Johns Hopkins is seeking 2 travel nurses in the cardiac  icu. I got giddy with excitement at the thought of working at such a prestigious hospital and then I quickly had to evacuate my bowel at the thought of working at such a prestigious hospital. My recruiter went as far as connecting me with a nurse currently on staff there that once was a travel nurse with him. Nice touch Steve! So I agreed that he could submit me for the job and the manager contacted me the next day for an interview over the phone. Sounds like a very exciting unit with lots for me to learn. I am so excited! So after a month of play and visiting some family, I will start at Johns Hopkins University hospital for my next travel nursing adventure on July 29th. I am uber excited for this next adventure.

On Thursday, my good friends Rachel and Jim came into town with their daughter and her family for a DC adventure. I have been looking forward to this meeting since I was home last. As I said before, there is just no replacement for a familiar face and great friendships. They were gracious enough to let me tag along on a tour of the Pentagon and and tour of the Capitol. Both very cool to see. I would recommend them to anyone. Great sites and great company!

Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting!! And nerve-wrecking all at the same time. Have a great month visiting and playing, then get ready to LEARN! I'm in awe of you right now, girl...you rock!

    p.s. I'm glad you're healing up. Be careful in Acadia, you hear me?!

    ReplyDelete