Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ah, it feels good to be home!

I got home Monday night from my journey to DC! While I was sad to leave such an amazing place, it is good to be home and visit with friends and family. I spent a whirlwind couple of days in Cincy visiting with friends, riding with a riding buddy, and having lunch with some good friends. There is something to be said for talking with friends that know your background that you don't have to fill them in on the back story.

Tom and I had a great relaxing 30 mile ride in southern Kenton county where we only got chased by 6 yellow labs. Holy cow! I haven't sprinted that hard on my bike in a long time! We rolled away unscathed. That's all that matters in the end. :-) I think we rode in the few brief hours that it wasn't raining in NKY. Holy Noah's Ark!

Yesterday, I made the drive down to South Carolina where I will spend the next 5-6 days visiting my favorite niece and nephew, oh my brother, mom, and sister in law live there too. :-) Hoping to play lots of games and spoil them as usual. That's what aunts are for right?  While here, I hope to plan out my drive to Maine. I am hoping to have time to sight see along the way. Should be an adventure! It usually is with me, no worries.


No comments:

Post a Comment