Thursday, December 19, 2013

Friendships, Heartbreak, and Adventure!

What have I learned in the last six months? I have learned that travel nursing is awesome! This is truly what I had hoped it would be and I hope the fun and learning opportunities only continue. I have learned that this job is full of nervous first days, growing new friendships, and many more sad goodbye's. I know that I will have friends all over the United States when I finish, but I didn't think about the fact that I would have to say goodbye so much. I had no idea there were so many great friends to be made out there! It was very hard to leave my home in NKY and I just love going home to visit!

Along with the goodbyes, it is hard to know where to take my travels to next. Boston is on my list of places to go, but it is still very much winter there in February. I kind of want to go somewhere warmer for winter so I can ride my bicycle. I mean I can be choosy right now, kind of. But then I think, "I am already all the way up here." What to do, what to do?

There are assignments popping up in Arizona and Texas. I do want to go west but do I want to head west now? Am I conveying my confusion enough yet? :-) I need to get my act together soon though, the first week of February is just around the corner. I can't show up in Cincy homeless and jobless! That might be tough to pass off.

My initial assignment in Arlington, I was one of only a few travelers in the whole hospital. Here at the "Hop" as I like to say, travelers are more plentiful. I have made two great friends here in Jeremy and Sylvia; a married couple from Cleveland, OH of all places! We have done a lot of things together and hang out on frequent occasions. They are leaving this week to go home for Christmas and will return on January 20th for another 3 month assignment. I like to spread the rumor that she is signing on here as permanent staff. That really brings out the Polish rage in her! All kidding aside, they have become good friends of mine and we have big plans of meeting up somewhere out west.


Well, this girl is off for Christmas and headed to SC! I am excited to see my family for a bit and shall mull over the possibilities with them. When I return I shall pay the price for my seven days off and will be working 5 days in a row. :-0 This spoiled girl in 10 years of nursing has never worked more than 3 twelve hour days in a row. And let me tell you, I hate 3 in a row! Should be interesting!

Well Happy Holidays to all of my readers! Thank you so much for following me along this journey! I am having a blast and I appreciate everyone's support tremendously! January is devoted to wrapping up my Baltimore activities yet to be conquered.



No comments:

Post a Comment