Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Traveling Wind Is Blowing Me Back To VA

Well, I apologize that is has been so long since my last entry. I have been super busy looking at possible assignments, finishing up my Baltimore tourism list, working, and working out. Quite the busy time.

I was looking at jobs in Boston, MA, Columbia, SC, Arizona and Texas. I hesitate to head west just yet, as there are still some areas that I would like to go to on the east coast. I really am trying to take a systematic approach to this traveling thing so that I am not zig zagging all across the US. So I was half heartedly looking at Arizona and Texas; though it would be nice to ride the winter out there. I really wanted to go to South Carolina to get closer to family, but that did not pan out. Guess it just wasn't in the cards this time around. I was really interested in Boston, but had to really evaluate if I was committed enough to Boston to go there in February. After a couple of snow storms here in Baltimore, my answer was absolutely not. Why not enjoy Boston when it is warm? What I didn't mention is through all of this, I had been in communication with the manager at Virginia Hospital Center where I started my gypsy days. They have had a few senior nurses leave for a number of different reasons and were asking if I would come back for an assignment there. I very much enjoyed the people that I worked with there and I could not love an area more than DC. So I chewed on this option for a couple of weeks and told the manager I would get back with her. I mulled the option over with my close friends and family as well, and decided that the move back to Virginia Hospital Center was speaking to me. So I am excited to go back to familiar faces and an awesome area to live. I do not look forward to the traffic again, however.

I never would have guessed that I would backtrack to a hospital, but as one friend said to me "Loyalty is a good thing...going someplace new is not always the way to go." I made a comment that I felt that my rationale for choosing to go back was sound and it kept popping up. She commented again "there is a reason....listen." So I did, and I am excited to have the opportunity to return. One of my recruiters said "many travelers don't even get a party when they leave and you have a manager calling you back, go Shannon."

So after my stint here is Baltimore, I am going home to Cincinnati for a brief week to see some of my peeps and see some NKU women's basketball! I am so excited to see everyone and eat some Skyline Chili!


1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful news!! It doesn't surprise me that they fell in love with you in VA...now you will have the best of both worlds: traveling, but getting to be with friends that you already know and love!!

    ReplyDelete