Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Dog Days of Winter

What have I been up to? Well, my good friend Sylvia is home for a month until January 20th, so while she is away  my goal is to not only find my next assignment, but also to finish my Baltimore "to do" list. I still have a couple of museums to see and some people to see.

Over the weekend, I went with some friends to the PA Farm Show. It is quite the to do in Pennsylvania, apparently. I went with friends from work, an African American and an Asian lady. Not stereotyping at all, but I almost died when the AA lady asked in the middle of a cattle show, "Where are all my people?" I lost it. I informed her that "On the average, there aren't a lot of AA farmers." She was shocked at this and upset with herself that she failed to wear her flannel checkered plaid shirt. This show was really just a glorified state fair, though it was huge. We walked through all the vendors and looked at their goods that they were selling, tasted all the samples we could until we were sick, and enjoyed a freshly milked and made milk shake; which was delicious. I was rightfully made fun of for the fact that every time I passed someone selling something leather, I fell onto the product like a Febreeze commercial as I do love the smell of fresh leather. My dad always worked with leather and I always loved those smells. Though I couldn't top the Asian being busted for trying to photograph a photograph stretched on a canvas. The lady said, "Excuse me ma'm, can you please no photograph the photograph?" I couldn't control myself. I said, "of the three of us, it would be you that would bust out the camera." Her response was, "It's not like I pulled out a Canon for the picture, it's just my iphone!" We had a great time and now I can check the PA Farm show off the list, not that it was on the list prior.

Well it is cold here; as I am sure it is much cooler than you are normally used to wherever you are at this time. I tell you though, this weather really makes me think that if I really have a choice for my next assignment to go somewhere cold or warmer, it is kind of a no brainer. Well, I will keep you posted. Tomorrow, I am hoping to go to the Baltimore Industry museum and the Walter's Art museum and then off to get my haircut. That should be enough to keep me busy tomorrow. Stay warm everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment