Well, I am headed back to VA and headed back to work tomorrow. I was excited to come home, yet I had no idea how awesome it would be to see my friends and family. Without great friends and family you have nothing.

I started my weekend home with a lunch at a hometown favorite, Skyline of course! I had a great lunch with my friend Rachel and then pressed onto Corydon, IN for a surprise visit with family and my brother at a wedding.

I moved out of IN and into the city in 1995 when I moved for college at NKU. I have been back home several times but not really into the rural areas. This wedding was in the sticks! My mapquest directions stated "turn on Hwy 56, travel 13 miles, and turn left at the brown cow standing by the black barn that is barely standing." No, all kidding aside, it was a beautiful wedding at a small country church. As I drove up and drove slowly through the wedding party milling across the road for pictures, the look of surprise on my niece's was priceless, as it was a surprise for her too. I quickly found Blake still in his car, parked at the furthest spot in the parking lot from the church entrance, of course, because that is my dear brother in his most authentic form. That is why we love him! So I popped my head in his doorway and scared the tar out of him. He was very surprised! I was so happy to surprise him so well. I hadn't seen him since Christmas. Everyone has their person, my person is my brother. He is the most amazing person I know and I love him more than life itself. We have always been close but the happenings with my dad brought us even closer and for that I am grateful. It was awesome to see my brother and his family as well as my other extended family at the wedding.

Then I headed north to Cincinnati to visit "home." I set an attainable goal and happily I was able to hit the highlights on my visit. I was able to visit my Christ Hospital peeps, on day shift and night shift. I do owe the individuals in dialysis an apology, I did not make it up there. I am very sorry! I was able to cycle with two of my biking buddies Tom and Rachel. My how I miss those two! Good times were had catching up and enjoying the company of good friends. My little guy, Graham, a friend's son is walking! While I haven't really been homesick in Va, it is really nice to see people whom have known you for years and you don't have to explain anything. I am headed back to Va recharged and ready to tackle some more adventures on my off days! :-)