Tuesday, August 13, 2013

2 year Anniversary of an amazing man!

Today marks two years since my dad's passing. It seems like an eternity since I have spoken with him, yet the wound is still fresh as though it was yesterday. I don't really have much to say other than I miss him terribly. I am sad that I am not able to discuss my travel nursing adventures with him. As I went back and forth to MD appointments, radiation, investigational drug administrations, visited him in rehab, and of course to Dairy Queen; I spent a lot of time talking with him about the dream of traveling. I can remember telling him as a child that I wanted to be a truck driver. Like every encouraging parent, his response was "It is a great way to see the country." He was very excited for my adventures to come. I am so glad I promised him that I wouldn't not start traveling due to fear, because when I almost lost my nerve to uproot everything I knew and loved, I thought of my promise to him. I know that he would be proud of Blake and I today. I am living a dream that I have had since starting nursing and Blake is doing great in his career as well as raising two amazing children with an awesome wife. Thanks to our unbelievably awesome friends and family we are doing well. I do hope that he comes to me again in my dreams. I have had several really cool dreams. My dad was my Hero and I can only hope to touch and change the lives of as many people as he did. I know he is missed by many! Love you Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Shannon, you know my heart is right there with you after reading this. I can count on one hand the number of dreams that I have had of my dad since he died 8 years ago, but each one of those dreams are so vivid and special, like a visit. I am so proud of all that you are doing, the nurse and friend you are to so many people. You are touching MANY lives in a very positive way, and of THAT I know your dad is proud! Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete