Monday, August 26, 2013

A Weekend of fun

This weekend, I lived it up like a child. On Saturday, I went to the Maryland State Fair. I really had not been to a state fair in over a decade. The fairgrounds are only 5 miles north of me. I easily took the train up there and it dumped me off right next to the Cow Palace. I was in heaven. There were cows, and goats, and pigs, and babies oh my! They also had a birthing center where you could watch cows and pigs deliver their babies. I was amazed at how long people would sit there just watching a pregnant pig labor waiting for the arrival of her little piglets. Yes I was one of them. After seeing 8 day old piglets in another pen, I couldn't wait to see them minutes old. It didn't happen on my watch though.

I walked around looking at all the booths and steered clear of all of the rides and most of the fair food. After speaking with Blake, I did get a funnel cake; against my shagrins. I haven't had a funnel cake in over a decade either. So I splurged and got a funnel cake. It was just as good as I remembered.

On Sunday, I went down to Arlington, Va, my last homestead and got a haircut and went for a bike ride. I rode the Arlington Loop which was one of my favorites when I lived there. I saw the sites of Arlington and stopped at my ever favorite Gravelly Point where I could watch planes land and take off from Reagan airport. I just love that park. There is always a lot of activity there and I love seeing the planes.

Back to work tonight and then my momma comes to town this week. I am taking her down to DC for the day on wednesday to see the sites. Should be a good time. Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. There's just something about a fair, isn't there? I love it, Isabel loves it, my boys? Notsomuch...but that just means a mom-daughter date, which I love. That would've been pretty cool to see a pig give birth; I would surely have been right there with you to see that!

    Have fun on YOUR mom-daughter date! I'm sure your momma will love seeing the sites with you, since you know your way around a lot more these days!

    ReplyDelete