Thursday, February 27, 2014

Slow to get started

Okay, I have settled in here in Virginia and I am wrapping up my second week. I have admittedly been a bit lazy in getting started on my adventures. I think I am still recouping my energy from an eventful three weeks.

Today I visited my neighborhood gym and got some information on some spinning classes and some other cross training activities; as I cannot wait for it to warm up so that I can hit the bike trails around here. I have hit several of my favorite restaurants that I enjoy so much here in Shirlington. There is the Greek chipotle-like restaurant that is yummy. Guapo's mexican that has amazing out of this world guacamole. Then, I don't want to forget the yummy Thai restaurant that I frequent as well.

I can't really complain about it being cold here, as I know that I have readers from all over and everyone is having an unprecedented cold winter. I had the opportunity to go hiking this past weekend, as it was really nice, and I think everyone could agree with me, that Spring can begin anytime. Some of the things that drew me back to this area are not only the nice people, but the numerous bike trails sprawling the DC/VA area, and the many awesome hiking trails. I plan to go back to Great Falls park and hike the Billy Goat trail that I mentioned in a previous post.

I mentioned the zoo in my previous post and just heard today that not only is there a baby panda, but there are two baby lion cubs at the National Zoo. What, what? I can't wait. I just need a day maybe in the forties to head that way. Forty degrees is just warm enough that I won't freeze; yet cold enough that hopefully many of the stay at home moms won't be out in masses with their strollers. :-)

So I need to go mentally prepare for my spinning class tonight. I haven't been spinning in a couple of years. I will let you know if I can move tomorrow or Saturday. This weekend I head back to the dark side and will be back on night shift. It has been nice to be on days for 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment