Friday, February 7, 2014

The Yin and Yang


When I started off on this journey, I had no idea that it would make me so bipolar in my feelings. With every new beginning there must be tough goodbyes. With excitement of each new assignment there comes the trepidation of moving on. As I look around at my numbered possessions, I think why didn't I bring this or that. Then I start to pack my car to leave for my next destination and I think is this or that really a necessity to have with me? I am constantly seeking the confidence to become more of a minimalist. Key word "seeking." I am far from achieving that goal.

Things are winding down here for me in Baltimore. On Monday I am driving home for some down time in Cincy for the week and then back this way to start my assignment in Arlington. I am excited to get back to Arlington. I will be greeted with familiar faces and I am very excited that I will be staying in the same area that I was in with my prior assignment; nestled just three short miles from downtown DC. I have already started preparing my to do list of repeat attractions and things that I didn't have time for my last go around. 

I have really enjoyed my time here in Baltimore and I have made some really good friends. I am sure that I have said this before, but I was not prepared to have to say so many goodbyes with traveling. I guess I never thought I would get so connected with my coworkers. I have become really good friends with a fellow traveler in the unit and her husband. They are actually staying another 3 months for a total of 9 months. We have talked about meeting up at another assignment for sure. We not only have a lot in common but being a fellow outsider as a traveler creates a unique bond. It has really been a lot of fun. 

So it is time to say goodbye to the Charm City. I have thoroughly enjoyed your Inner Harbor, visiting Edgar Allen Poe's gravesite, taking advantage of another city with public transportation, enjoying the sights and sounds of historic Camden Yards, and honing my skills at Johns Hopkins. Til we meet again Baltimore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment