Friday, February 21, 2014

The Blur of Three Weeks

Well, in the last three weeks I've moved from Baltimore, visited northern Kentucky and settled in here in Arlington, VA. My final week in Baltimore was busy with a couple of going away dinners and a going away party thrown by my good friends Renata and Emily. Some of my closest friends there in Baltimore were in attendance. What a great group of people!

It has only taken me a couple of visits back home in northern Kentucky to realize that I need to be there longer than a week to see and do all that I would like. Visiting NKY truly does give me a warm fuzzy feeling. It is a place that I know I am accepted no matter what and full of people I don't have to explain my background to. I love meeting all the new people that have the opportunity to meet, but it does get exhausting at times that no one knows whom my friends back home are, whom my family members are, what all of my favorites are etc...... It is the burden that I must bear though moving around so frequently. :-)

So now I am back in Arlington, VA! What a great area to live in! I really do enjoy this area. I am close to work, close to a number of great restaurants, and close to access to the metro. Next week I will start my adventures on the metro to destinations that I want to repeat or unseen adventures. I am uber excited! I mean, I need to get to the zoo and see the new panda baby. That is an obvious must.

I was a bit disillusioned that I would get a day or two of orientation upon my return. Yep, nope that didn't happen. I got there early and ready to go and was given a big welcome back with zero orientation and the sickest patient on the unit. That wasn't cool! I made do and my patient made it as well. That is the most important thing. :-) Day two was much improved and I settled into a rhythm with the charting system. So I am all good and ready to have fun now.

Today I had my cable and internet installed so now I don't have to live like it is the 1980's anymore. It was a rough couple of days! Luckily, I was still able to watch a couple of movies on my iphone. What's a girl to do.  Toodles for now and I will keep you abreast on my adventures.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great visit and are already settled back in! Isabel will be visiting DC in May with her 8th grade class...but you will probably be moving onto your next spot by then. Can't wait to read about your adventures, and see pics of the new panda!! Miss you, girl!

    ReplyDelete